Friday, February 24, 2006

Borders

I sometimes feel I border reality and dream. As if my life were a pendulum going inbetween what I imagine and what is real. It might be that I have not had enough sleep lately, or I have seen to many weird movies. One for instance was Henry and June, about the affair between Anais Nin and Henry Miller. It really made me want to read Tropic of Cancer... And then I saw the Dreamers, directed by Bertolucci. It wasn't as powerfull as Last Tango in Paris I thought, but it was still pretty weird. These movies, about people who experiment, push their lifes beyond rules, society and morality seem to pierce my mind, seem to somhow penetrate my heart, just like your coldness. And slowly I can feel how my innocence is turning into protective spines full of lies, my heart into ice.

I painted this as I was watching The Dreamers...

8 Comments:

Blogger Madalina said...

I gave away my lovely frozen heart to Herve. I miss it already.

12:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what were you smoking while painting this? I need to get me some of that, too ...

Guess Who

10:40 AM  
Blogger Madalina said...

Lol...that's cute..you still need to come by my desk an apologize !!!!!! :p

10:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will if you paint one for me as well!!! While doing my weird-shaped-heart, though, watch 'My Name is Earl', instead, drink something even stronger, and try smoking walnut leaves ... Then I'd sincerely apologize :)

Peculiar Guess Who

10:57 AM  
Blogger Madalina said...

How about about half an apology now and half after the painting. And there's no way I'm painting you a heart, I thought you wanted the moon. I guess since you're shooting for the moon maybe I'll paint you a star. You rpovide the walnut leaves and I'll smoke them :p

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, yes, the moon, I forgot ... I have to be nice to you then :) Dinner? My treat :) Walnut leaves I have not had in ages but you are sure to see two green dragons playing cards while you smoke them.

Guess Who

12:19 PM  
Blogger Madalina said...

Dinner sounds yummie..but not Thurs..maybe next week? I love dragons, they are my favorite creatures, especially the green ones, just so you know. They are magic and powerful... and you know how much I love power... :)

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, yes, I know you're high on power :) Next week is great, any day except Thursday. I'll stop by ToysRUs for a green dragon on the way.

You-musta-guessed-who-by-now

12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home